Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Conference time!!

The Juvenile Arthritis conference is coming in a few weeks!! We are beyond excited to go!
We learned yesterday that we will be receiving a generous scholarship from our local Arthritis Foundation! This makes our trip so much more manageable. The boys are very excited about going. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to learn more about my son's condition. Jacob has been battling JIA since the age of 5. This will be our first conference. We are planning to meet up with a few other families that we have met online through this journey. It is going to be great to be able to put a face to those moms that I have spoken to online for so long.
My boys and I have not taken a vacation for some time. We are taking advantage of the destination to be able to tour our capital. We planned on a couple of days around the conference to sight see. I am looking forward to showing the boys part of our nations history. The White House, the monuments, the Vietnam wall, Arlington Cemetery are a few of the places I would like to see!
Thank you again to the Arthritis Foundation for this awesome opportunity!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so happy you guys are able to go! Jealous but happy ;) I hope you have wonderful time.

Jacob's Mom said...

Wish you guys were coming!

Jenna said...

Hi Jacob
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a courageous, strong and determined fighter. U are a brave warrior, smilen champ and inspirational hero. I have arthritis in my leg, but the doctor didn't tell me what type. My leg swells up and turns purple, everytime I walk. It is also very painful. I also have alot of bone joint problems, as I have a bone disease. I love it when people sign my geustbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Erika said...

I hope this wasnt your last conference. i want to go next year & be in that picture of you & Amy & the gals :) :) Waiting to hear the DEETS on what you learned, whatthe sessions were. SHARE! PS I barely recognized Jacob, I thought that was his older brother! He's had a growth spurt, man oh mighty!